Possessive pronoun Definition, usage, and Examples
Table of Contents
Example of a possessive pronoun
Possessive pronouns are pronouns that are used to show your possession or ownership of someone or something.
A possessive pronoun is a pronoun that is used to express ownership or possession.
|Personal Pronouns||Possessive Adjectives||Possessive Pronouns|
When and how to use the possessive pronoun
Rule 01- possessive pronouns का प्रयोग noun से पहले नहीं होता है ।
Ours college was closed yesterday. (Χ)
Our college was closed yesterday. (√)
Yours motorcycle is new. (Χ)
Your motorcycle is new. (√)
Rule 02- possessive pronouns का प्रयोग किसी सेंटेन्स के verb के subject के रूप मे किया जाता है ।
Yours is a new car.
Mean- your car is a new car.
Hers is a beautiful saree.
Mean- her saree is a beautiful saree.
Rule 03- possessive pronouns का प्रयोग किसी सेंटेन्स के verb के Object के रूप मे किया जाता है ।
He has lost my notebook as well as yours. (√)
He has lost my notebook as well as your. (Χ)
Please save his life and hers. (√)
Please save his life and her. (Χ)
Rule 04- possessive pronouns का प्रयोग किसी सेंटेन्स के preposition के Object के रूप मे किया जाता है ।
I prefer your company to hers. (√)
I prefer your company to her. (Χ)
Your problem is different from mine. (√)
Your problem is different from my. (Χ)
Rule 05- possessive pronouns का प्रयोग Infinitive (to+v1) के Subject के रूप मे किया जाता है ।
Mr. Patidar allowed his children to go to the museum but Mrs. Rathore did not allow hers to go. (√)
Mr. Patidar allowed his children to go to the museum but Mrs. Rathore did not allow her to go. (Χ)
Examples of Possessive Pronouns
Let us look at some possessive pronouns examples to have a better idea of how to use them in sentences.
Example for possessive pronoun
- It was not your fault but theirs.
- राम की गाय काली है लेकिन मेरी गाय सफेद है ।
- Ram’s cow is black but mine is white.
- यहा Mine का प्रयोग My cow (मेरी गाय) के लिये हुआ है ।
- उसकी कलम यो मेज पर सुरक्षित है , लेकिन तुम्हारी कलम गायब है ।
- His pen is safe on the table but yours is missing.
- यह मेरा थैला है – This bag is mine.
- वह उसका है – That is his
- यह उसका है – This is hers.
- वह विद्यालय उन लोगो का होगा – That school will be theirs.
- यह गाय तुम लोगो की है – This cow is yours.
- यह घड़ी उसकी है – This watch is hers.
- ये कमरे आपलोगो के थे – These rooms were yours.
- यह मकान उसका होगा – That house will be his.
more…Example for possessive pronoun
- This pencil box is mine.
- You can take this pen because that pen is mine.
- The cricket pad is theirs.
- This seat is mine. Where is yours?
- We finished our dinner. How about yours?
- I left my bag at the station, and he left his.
- She received her package. Did you receive yours?
- He is my husband. He’s mine.
- He lost his wallet in the crowded marketplace.
- All the kinds of stuff in this room are hers.
- Why don’t you give me my phone back, it’s mine.
- The dog has eaten all its food correctly.
- This house is mine and that is yours.
- His village is very big whereas yours is very small.
- Bobby is a brother of mine. Is this book yours?
- That little girl is my daughter, and this one is hers.
- The cake Diana baked last week is not as good as yours.
gain more knowledge
- Noun and its types
- Pronouns and their kinds
- Interrogative pronoun
- reciprocal pronoun
- Demonstrative pronouns.
- Personal pronouns.
- use of this and that
- use of these and those
- when using it in English grammar
- use of there
- Antonyms (A-C)⇔(D-E)
- forms of the verb
- list of collective noun
- list of Adjective
- most common proverbs
- Idioms and proverbs
- preposition of time In, On, At
- use of prepositions By
- use of Some and Any
- This, That, These, and Those
- use of It
- Use of There
Welcome! I’m Murli and I hope you like the website. Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.