Interrogative pronoun all usage and Example
Table of Contents
Interrogative pronoun Usage and Example
प्रश्नवाचाक सर्वनाम के सभी प्रयोग और उदहारण
वे pronoun जो प्रश्न पूछने के लिए प्रयुक्त किये जाते है। Interrogative pronoun कहलाते है। जैसे :-Who, whom, whose, which, what आदि
|Subject (कर्ता )|| object
1. who का प्रयोग Subject का पता लगाने के लिए किया जाता है।
Divyansh is playing cricket. दिव्यांश क्रिकेट खेल रहा है।
Who is playing cricket? कोन क्रिकेट खेल रहा है?
2. whom का प्रयोग Object का पता लगाने के लिए किया जाता है।
He has invited his friends. उसने उसके दोस्तों को आमंत्रित किया है।
whom has he invited? उसने किसे आमंत्रित किया है ?
3. whose का प्रयोग owner (मालिक) का पता लगाने के लिए किया जाता है।
That car is mine. वह कार मेरी है।
Whose car is that ? वह कार किसकी है ?
Some important rules of use Interrogative pronouns
1. preposition + whom का प्रयोग होता है ,लेकिन preposition के साथ who का प्रयोग नहीं होता है।
By whom was the Ramayan written?
to whom are we talking?
2. याद रहे, By whom तथा to whom की जगह to who और By who का प्रयोग नहीं किया जा सकता है।
लेकिन preposition का प्रयोग sentences के अंत में होने पर who का प्रयोग sentences के स्टार्टिंग में किया जाता है।
who was the ramayan written by ?
who are you talking to ?
3. Which का प्रयोग Subject (कर्ता ) तथा Object का पता करने के लिए होता है। इसका प्रयोग चुनाव (selection) विकल्प (चॉइस) के लिए भी होता है।
1 . Which is your book.
2. Which of these pens do you like most
4. What (क्या )का प्रयोग Subject (कर्ता ) तथा Object का पता करने के लिए होता है।
1. what have you bought today?
2. What is your father?
The five interrogative pronouns are what, which, who, whom, and whose.
- What – Used to ask questions about people or objects. What (क्या )का प्रयोग निर्जीव वस्तुओ तथा कार्यो का पता करने के लिए होता है।
- What do you want for dinner?
- I wonder what we’re doing tomorrow.
- What is your friend’s name?
- What animal has horns?
- What is there?
- What has happened?
- Which – Used to ask questions about people or objects.
- Which color do you prefer?
- Which of these ladies is your mother?
- She asked which train to take.
- Which seat would you like?
- Who – Used to ask questions about people.
- Who is that?
- Who was driving the car?
- I’m wondering who will be at the party.
- Who is going to take out the trash?
- Whom – This interrogative pronoun is rarely seen these days, but when it shows up, it is used to ask questions about people.
- To whom did you speak?
- Whom do you prefer to vote for?
- You should ask whom to call.
- Whom do you live with?
- Whose – Used to ask questions about people or objects, always related to possession.
- Whose sweater is this?
- Whose parents are those?
- I wonder whose dog knocked our garbage can over.
- Whose phone is that?
In some cases, interrogative pronouns take on the suffix –ever. A few can also take on the old-fashioned suffix –soever, which is rarely seen in writing these days.
- Whatever – (जो, सब कुछ, जो चाहे )
- Whatsoever- (जो कुछ )
- Whichever- (कोई भी, चाहे कोई भी )
- Whoever- (जो कोई भी, जो भी)
- Whosoever– (जो कोई भी, जो भी)
- Whomever- (जो भी)
- Whomsoever- (जिस किसी को भी)
- Whosever- (जिस किसी का)
Read⇒ Daily use English Sentences
Interrogative Pronouns Exercises: Interrogative pronoun Usage and Example
Fill in the blanks with an interrogative pronoun.
- __________ threw the football?
- _________ would you prefer, coffee or tea?
- _________ time do we need to be at the airport?
- _________ car is that?
- _________ is your sister’s name?
- _________ did you tell?
- _________ of these books have you read?
- _________ wants ice cream?
- ________ do you want?
- ________ are you?
- Of _________ do you speak?
- ________ shall we eat?
- ____ _____did she say?
- To _______did you give the key?
- By _______was the book written?
- ______ of the women can sew the best?
- __________have you seen?
- __________came here yesterday?
- ________did this?
- ________ of you did this?
- ________books have you read this year?
- ________ book is this?
- I don’t know________ is there.
- Ask ________he wants.
- Say ________ you would like best.
- ________ is the matter?
- ________ do you see?
- ________ goes there?
- ________ did you see?
- ________is sweeter than honey?
Answer Key: Interrogative pronoun Usage and Example
- Who threw the football?
- Which would you prefer, coffee or tea?
- What time do we need to be at the airport?
- Whose car is that?
- What is your sister’s name?
- Whom did you tell?
- Which of these books have you read?
- Who wants ice cream?
- What do you want?
- Who are you?
- Of Whom do you speak?
- what shall we eat?
- what did she say?
- To whom did you give the key?
- By Whom was the book written?
- which of the women can sew the best?
- what have you seen?
- who came here yesterday?
- who did this?
- which of you did this?
- What books have you read this year?
- Whose book is this?
- I don’t know who is there.
- Ask what he wants.
- Say which you would like best.
- What is the matter?
- whom do you see?
- who goes there?
- whom did you see?
- what is sweeter than honey?
पढ़े सभी Tense
- Future indefinite tense
- Past indefinite tense
- Present indefinite tense
- Present perfect continuous tense
- past continuous tense
- Past perfect continuous tense
- Future continuous tense
- Future perfect tense
- Present perfect tense
- Past perfect tense
- Present continuous tense
Welcome! I’m Murli and I hope you like the website. Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.